Event is FINISHED
Urbane Tech - An Exposure to Technology Entrepreneurship for Kids
About Urbane Tech
Urbane Tech is an intensive full-day programme focused on exposing youths (Ages 10 & Up) to entrepreneurship, innovation and programming. The workshop is founded by a group of entrepreneurs who see the value in Programming, together with Entrepreneurship.
The founders include Syakir Hashim & Tengku Syamil, both of whom founded Skolafund, a crowdfunding platform aimed at helping students raise funds for their own education as well as Faris Malik, founder of Sky High Educators, a Social Enterprise which helps provide quality assistance to needy students.
Our tech partner, Kronos, will be teaching the participants to program a basic game using the software, Scratch which is a software developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Through these activities, youths will get a feel of what it's like to work and think like a tech entrepreneur. Youths will learn how to generate and validate their ideas, as well as develop their own interactive game by the end of the day!
This introductory workshop will be held on the 12th of November 2016 from 11AM - 4PM. It will be conducted at the SENSE College, which is located at Level 5 WIS@Changi.
What Your Child Will Learn
1. Problem Solving Like an Entrepreneur
2. Making Money from an Idea
3. Designing a Basic User Interface
4. Programming a Basic Interactive Game using Scratch
What Your Child Will Receive
- A Thumbdrive with Scratch Developer Software installed
- Their Own Programmed Game (Loaded in Thumbdrive)
- Worksheets with Entrepreneurship & Programming Content
What is Needed
- Basic Computer Skills [Computers are Provided]
- We will be offering the full-day workshop for just $99 [U.P. $149] for the first 5 customers as our Early Bird Promotion!
- If you have a discount code, please enter it after selecting the ticket in order to receive the discounted price
Want to find more groups and events like this?